22 November 2013

pumpkin creme brulee (crema brulee de zapallo)





A lot of recipes  with pumpkin at this time and it is natural especially with the Northern Hemisphere celebrates Thanksgiving. 
 I always do some special recipes more than the majority of my visitors are from USA  and had several but this cream brulee with pumpkin I found delicious!
And really was:)


I adapted from  Love and Olive oil a lovely blog!





Ingredients
(6 servings)

2  cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
1/2 cup granulated sugar to caramelize

 

Method

 Preheat oven to 170 °c ( 300 degrees F)
Bring a pot of water to a gente boil (this will be used for the water bath later)

In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks, brown sugar, pumpkin and vanilla until light in color.

Heat cream in a medium saucepan until it starts to steam. Gradually pour warm cream into bowl with egg yolks.1 cup at a time whisking until incorporated. Skim off foam. Pour into 6 shallow ramekins.
Arrange ramekins in a baking pan and place pan on over rack. Carefully pour in judt enough boiling water to reach alfaway up the side of ramekins.
Bake for 30 minutes or until just set. remove from bath and allow to cool to room temperatura. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Before serving sprinkle  tablespoon of sugar evenly over the top each ramekin.
Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar, moving torch evenly across the tops of the custards to keep the sugar burning.
Also you can place the custards on the top rack of a broiler set to high and broil until sugar is golden brown and caramelized 2 to 3 minutes.
Keep refrigerate before serving.
.
enjoy!


recipe here

EN ESPAÑOL
Crema brulée de zapallo 








Todos sabemos que la Cream brulée es deliciosa pero realmente nunca había hecho una cream brulée con zapallo. (he hecho otras cosas) y queda absolutamente deliciosa.
Nosotros en Chile tenemos zapallo camote todo el año, porque de hecho se hacen porotos  granados, sopaipillas, charquicán  y otras comidas.
Para nosotros que estamos casi en verano la cream brulée es un postre fresco y agradable.
Lo que me encantó de esta receta que no llevaba tantos huevos y tanta cream como otros que había visto.




Ingredientes

2 tazas de crema
2 cucharaditas de vainilla
3 yemas
3/4 taza de azúcar rubia
1 taza de puré de zapallo
1/2 taza de azúcar granulada

Método

Precalentar el horno a 170°c  (horno medio)
En un bol pequeño mezclar las yemas, el azúcar, el zapallo y la vainilla, batir hasta que esté bien mezclado.
 Calentar la crema en una olla mediana, hasta que empiece a  hervir. Apagar el fuego.
De a poco incorporar el batido de yemas, vainilla y azúcar a la crema, batiendo siempre para incorporar bien.
Distribuir en 6 pocillos de cerámica.
En una fuente de horno poner agua hasta la mitad. Colocar los pocillos en la fuente para hornear a baño maría.
Llevar a horno por unos 30 minutos hasta que la mezcla se vea firme.
Dejar enfriar y llevar al refrigerador por 2 horas.
Distribuir el azúcar granulada sobre los pocillos con crema
Con un soplete pequeño (en los Easy o Homecenter) dorar la superficie (cuando recién se use abrir de a poco el gas para tener una llama no tan grande.
Es cosa de práctica.
Si tienen broiler también se puede poner al horno unos 3 minutos para caramelizar.
Enfriar antes de servir.

77 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks SO good! I love creme brulee and will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks T.W. I was happy with this lovely dessert!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...this looks wonderful...and it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who is T.W. and what is he doing in my spot? lol....

      Delete
    2. Is a friend LOL
      But is his first time is first lol!

      Delete
    3. and you have ramekins I remember well :)))

      Delete
    4. Yes! Now I need a blow torch! :)

      Delete
    5. You can buy at Home depot! mine is Little and soo good!

      Delete
    6. When I begin the torch all were afraid here but now I use so well:)

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of pumpkin in pretty much anything :) Your brûlée looks beautiful, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I'd LOVE to make this!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloria, Simply beautiful! I love creme brulee…pumpkin creme brulee sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Calabaza, calabaza, cada uno para su casa/Y el que no tenga casa, que se vaya para la plaza. :-)

    ¡Qué dulce tan lindo y rico!

    Saludos desde Londres.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria, We've never had pumpkin cream brulee but it sure looks good! Another use for a very flexible item from the garden... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. True Rebecca I think is a good dessert fir Thanksgiving:)

      Delete
  10. nice...i will give this to T...she is all about pumpkin right now for some reason...ha...she made punkin chocolate chip cookies the other night....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Brian I think T would love this I love pumkin too.
      And Im thinking in make some pumpkin cookues too:)

      Delete
  11. Wow! It looks delicious, Gloria! I've never made, but love it, and now will have to try it after seeing how you did it. I need to buy a torch now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute new header again Gloria:)

    I like pumpkin..bought another yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Gloria, What a beautiful dessert for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine hope you have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  14. I'll eat this! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. dessert looks so gorgeous...absolutely gourmet dish..perfectly brulee-d for a caramelized top...awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ciao Gloria :) Adoro la creme brulee e la tua è a dir poco invitantissima! Complimenti e un grande abbraccio, buon weekend :**

    ReplyDelete
  17. Halloween is over you know...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween?? excuse moi but pumpkin is used in a lot of desserts and cakes lol

      Delete
  18. A luscious sweet treat!
    Happy Sunday,sweet Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look delicious and beautiful, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always love to crack that top!
    This looks perfect, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Gloria,
    Your cream brulee looks so good! I have not tried one with pumpkin, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's just wonderful the way you share Thanksgiving with us Gloria. Perhaps one day you will visit just in time for Thanksgiving:)

    Your Pumpkin Cream Brulée looks heavenly. I'm dangerous with a torch but I may be able to handle that oven method, lol...

    Thank you so much for sharing, Gloria...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always I loved so much thanksgiving I woudl behappy celebrate this holiday HA! but always thing in all the people coming is a lot from USA, so Is ok!
      Well the torch when I begin hubby always was afraid haha but now I using so well!!
      (My next récipe broasted turkey breast) xo

      Delete
    2. Well I for one am delighted you get so excited about it Gloria. We can all be thankful together:)

      I'm sure you are a pro with that torch, broasted turkey sounds intriguing:)

      Delete
  23. Effectivement, cette crème doit être délicieuse. Je n'en ai encore jamais fait avec de la citrouille. Ca doit être délicieux.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  24. merci beaucoup Nadji Je aime cream brulée!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gloria, tengo una cantidad de libros de cocina de autores norteamericanos, y jamás ví esta receta, me pareció muy original. Esta semana haré eggnog icecream, deseame suerte! Un beso,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. por supuesto que te deseo suerte, esta receta es deliciosa Miriam!

      Delete
  26. cela me semble délicieux avec la citrouille à tester
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  27. ah Merci Fimere
    bonne soirée, bizzzz

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love individual desserts. These brûlées are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Creme Brulee is my hubby's favourite dessert of all time! He would love these I'm sure. So would I. xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Amy I love creme brulee too:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Davvero particolare alla zucca. Sembra deliziosa.- Un bacione, buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yeah! This is so inventive!! I have never seen this before. A great way to use pumpkin. Bookmarking this one. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Be still, my heart. This is basically my ultimate dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's definitely pumpkin season and these look great! I've never tried a pumpkin creme brulee before.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Que delicia de postre Gloria!! me encanta la crema brulée y de calabaza tiene que estar realmente deliciosa. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  36. Its very unusual to put pumpkin into creme brulee... looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Delicious take on creme brulee, especially for Thanksgiving/autumn time!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love creme brulee! I have not yet try this flavor so I'm like wow! Thank s for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted