23 May 2017

Berry swirled cheescake Ice cream (helado de yogurt y berries)

















Always in our family ice cream or frozen desserts have been very welcome no matter the season of the year.

I recently made this ice cream even though we are in Autumn, I know that those living in the northern hemisphere will love this recipe.

Here's the scoop: Homemade ice cream is the ultimate treat and not hard to make.
And for this recipe you dont need an Ice cream machine !

Adapted from : Recipe runner







  Ingredients


Berry sauce

2 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon


Cheescake Ice cream

1 package cream cheese (226 grams) 
226 grams plain greek yogurt  
1 can evaporated milk (354 ml)
juice of 1/ 2 lemon
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vodka
2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

For berry sauce add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
When the berries are soft enough use a fork or potato masher to mash them into a jam like consistency.
Reduce the heat to medium low and let the berries simmer until they become thick and reduce by about half, stir occasionally.
Pour the sauce into a bowl and let it cool completely  in the fridge.

Cheescake Ice cream

In a blender or food processor add  the cream cheese, plain yogurt, evaporated milk, lemon, sugar ,vodka and vanilla extract.
Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Chill a loaf pan in freezer.
Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan. Dollops spoonfuls of the berry sauce on top of the ice cream
Top with the remaining ice cream and dollop more berry sauce on top.
Use a knife to swirl the berry sauce into the ice cream.
Cover and freeze for at least  3-4 hours before serving.










PRINT RECIPE HERE







en español
helado de berries y yogurt








He notado hace mucho tiempo que a todo el mundo le gustan los helados. No importa la epoca. Me gustan especialmente los que se pueden hacer en casa.
Esta receta es deliciosa y se puede hacer con fruta fresca o congelada.
Tengo que decirles que este helado se puede hacer sin máquina y ademas es tan rico como esos especiales de Bresler o Savory y que son super caros.

Me encanta hacer helados.




Ingredientes
salsa de berries

2 tazas de berries congelados o frescos (tenemos super buenos berries congelados aqui en Chile)
(Lider o Jumbo)
2 cucharadas de azucar granulada
jugo de 1/2 limon

Crema cheescake
1 paquete queso crema Philadelphia u otro
226 gramos de yogurt griego sin sabor 
1 tarro de leche evaporada
jugo de 1/2 limon
3/4 taza azucar granulada
1 cucharada de vodka
2 cucharaditas de extracto de vainilla

Preparacion

Para la salsa
Poner todos los ingredientes de la salsa en una olla mediana o pequeña, cocinar a calor medio, cuando se suavicen o se vean como mermelada se pueden moler un poco con un tenedor o un moledor de papas.
Reducir el fuego a muy suave y revolver todo el rato hasta que tenga una consistencia  espesa. Entonces apagar y dejar enfriar.

Para la crema de helado


76 comments:

  1. That would be good for many on a hot day and can't beat plenty of berries at play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these mixed berries ...
    Many thanks for sharing your recipe here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love berries too Jan, this is really delicious !!

      Delete
  3. uno dei miei gusti preferiti, che voglia di gelato !Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Che voglia di gelato! Delizioso :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good about working with our seasons up north, Gloria! Your ice cream looks fabulous!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lizzy :)
      I have to do, lots of my friends are from the north :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Gloria...
    I think I could even make that!! How delicious it looks!!
    Hope you are well...
    Cheers!
    Linda ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Berries are so yummy. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria, Your berry laden ice cream looks great! We've never tried making it a home, probably because we shouldn't eat much of it and also because there is a gourmet ice cream shop about 12 minutes away...with high butterfat content. We don't go there often either because our doctor will holler at us! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lucky you David !and really tempting :) :)
      I make these Ice cream only some times !

      Delete
  9. This ice cream looks amazing. My family would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This ice cream looks delicious Gloria, and I am loving all the fresh berries in it.
    I hope you are have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. veramente goloso questo gelato O_O baci

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just made a Peach Moscato to beat the heat, but I think your ice cream looks wayyyyy better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heavenly! A perfect summer cooler, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love ice cream and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's an awesome looking ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I kind of assumed you always needed an ice cream machine to make ice cream! Shows how much I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. I have now an Ice cream machine but I use only some times !

      Delete
  17. OMG!!! This sounds amazing. I love ice cream, cheescake and berries. I need to have this! Thanks for sharing. Beautiful pictures too!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUM! Now that's my kind of ice cream. It looks amazing Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tuoi gelati sono sempre strepitosi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is gorgeous! if it tastes as good as it looks, it must be the best ice cream ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Gloria, oh does this ice cream look delicious, love the color and the fact that it is no-churn. I can eat ice cream anytime of the year too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's recipes like these that make me wish we were neighbors! xoxo

    Elsie Amata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elsie !! I would be happy you were my neighbor dear!! xoxoxo

      Delete
  23. Love your ice cream, Gloria! Berry ice cream is my favorite and I will have to try this if and when it will ever warm up here. So nice of you to post this for those of us up North! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, this looks delicious! The cream cheese must make such a creamy ice cream too ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hai ragione, adesso noi entriamo nel momento magico del gelato e la tua golosissima proposta mi piace tantissimo!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love homemade ice creams☺

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your beautiful berries and that ice cream! Wow! It makes a meal into a party.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Une glace très gourmande. J'en mangerai avec grand plaisir.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was just thinking about making ice cream. This looks perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm always thrilled to see an ice cream recipe that doesn't need a machine to prepare it. Your recipe sounds delicious and is oh so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I gained so much weight making ice cream last summer :( . This one looks a little lighter though--I may have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear,haha, happens try the greek yogurt recipes!!

      Delete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted